Interesting News, Articles and Commentary
The man with his head in his hands above wrote a lovely piece. The comments are interesting too. https://ec.europa.eu/commission/2014-2019/andriukaitis/blog/thoughts-weareseat123_en
Blog post by the man behind Nigel Farage in that photo from the EU parliament.
Potential second referendum?
Branson weighs in
Referendum Claims / Inaccuracies / Misinformation / Lies
- European Movement – Mythbusters
- Guardian – Vote Leave’s campaign director defies MPs
- JK Rowling – years of lies
- Guardian – British fishermen warned Brexit will not mean greater catches
- Independent – Why are we so surprised that Boris Johnson lied when he’s been sacked for lying twice before?
- BBC – Reality Check: Have Leave campaigners changed their tune?
- UN declares UK austerity breaches human rights
This one cheered me up although it’s not directly related to BREXIT
Consequences of Brexit
- Forbes – What next after Brexit? (27/06/16)
- BBC – Berlin eyes Britain’s tech talent
- Reuters – EU tells UK single market access requires full free movement (29/06/16)
Racism / Xenophobia
- Guardian – Emboldened by Brexit, Europe’s far right is surging
The Union – Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, England
- Independent – Spanish PM opposes EU talks with Scotland (29/06/16)
- Brexit might not happen
Independent – Even though we voted for it, a Brexit won’t happen. Here’s why. (28/06/16)
- Guardian – John Kerry: Brexit could be ‘walked back’ (29/06/16)
Guardian – UK voted for Brexit – but is there a way back? (29/06/16)
- Independent – The Mail has explained what Brexit means and its readers seem shocked. (25/06/16)
- Independent – The Sun has also got around to telling its readers what Brexit will mean, and they are not happy (26/06/16)
- Huffington Post – Brexit ‘Regretters’ Say They ‘Weren’t Really Voting To Get Out Of The EU’
Relating to the referendum itself
- FT – The demographics that drove Brexit (24/06/16)
- BBC – The result in maps and charts (28/06/16)
Lessons we need to learn
If you want to do more, consider
marching or demonstrating
<a href=”http://dancetog.com/2016/06/29/letter-to-my-mp/” signing petitions
Don’t be put off by others, all of the above are part of our democratic rights. We need to do as much as we can that is legal to counter the racism and intimidatory tactics of those who either don’t understand the law and civil society or simply don’t care.