The only exceptions are those consistent with journalists’ use of data, as defined by GDPR.
Carole may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, so if you’re concerned about small changes it would be best to check back here from time to time. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
WHAT I COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address when signing up to our mailing list
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, particularly whether or not you work in the dance and performing arts sectors
WHAT I DO WITH THE INFORMATION I GATHER
Honestly, this is overkill, I only talk to people who want to talk to me, but it’s what GDPR seems to want..
I require this information to understand your needs, to give you the coverage we’ve agreed (if related to photography and journalism) and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• To improve future work, products, services and coverage.
• To send you updates, training opportunities or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, I might also use your information to contact you for market research purposes, because I can’t create content that is interesting and relevant to you without you. I will probably contact you by email, but might – if you have given me your phone number – do so by whatsapp, SMS or phone.
I are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about webpage traffic and improve my work in order to tailor it to reader, viewer, audience or customer needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• by not subscribing to our mailing list
• by choosing what information I store (though I need your first name and email)
• if you have previously agreed to my using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing me through the contact form on this blog.
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or am required by law to do so. I may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which I think you may find interesting if you tell me that you wish this to happen (though I can’t imagine having the time to do this). I haven’t set that bit up yet, so will let you know if and when I do.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact me through the contact form on this blog.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email me as soon as possible at the above address. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.